Monday, September 27, 2010

The picnic table


I promised to show you my find of the century, and here it is! I went to an estate sale in Arcadia on Friday and I almost didn't notice this table; it was hidden under so much junk! The thing that caught my eye was the price tag hanging off the end- $25. I took a closer look to see that this massive table WAS for sale and nobody had snatched it up yet. It was meant for me!

This thing is over 10 feet long!


My favorite parts are the wheels and the color of the weathered wood. All it needs is a light sanding.

It is missing half a wheel, but it looks like it's just a couple of 2 x 4's glued together, cut in a circle, and a hole drilled through the middle. Sounds easy enough, right?

I see lots of backyard BBQ's in our future. :)

5 comments:

Bev said...

I can see the whole Bradshaw fam sitting around that thing! What a good find!! Lucky you!

Kylie said...

That is awesome!!!

The Wilkins' said...

I love it! How fun!

Candice said...

If it ever turns up missing, you can bet either I stole it or Prince ate it.

Heather said...

Can't wait to see you puttin' those 2X4's together. Can you please take pictures of that please? How bout video? :)

AMAZING find!!!!