Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ironwork






{photos from here and here}

I've come to realize that getting the perfect feel to a room is all about layering textures. I love the added dimension that the scrolly ironwork gives. I decided to try it in my own living room and I LOVE IT! With my piano, the mantle, chairs, coffee table, and side table there was too much wood and it felt like something was missing, so I switched out the side table with an iron patio table. Instant fix! I couldn't believe the difference it made. I promise to show the progress on the living room soon! (Also coming soon- an announcement and a giveaway!)

1 comment:

Bev said...

I love to mix iron with all kinds of things....whether it goes or not! You need to hire yourself out and decorate for folks.....you'd be good!
Can't wait to see your living room!