Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Week

I think I love Valentine's Day more and more every year. Maybe it's because I always enjoyed it when I was little because my mom would make it so special and now I have my own family to share this day with and it's fun for me to make them feel special and know how much they're loved. This was our Valentine's breakfast- Oatmeal pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, berries with pink whipped cream, and strawberry smoothies.




The girls trying on their gifts from Granny


Kelli came into town so of course we had to make a memorable Sunday dinner. We tried our hands at chocolate bowls for dessert- 25 of them. It was quite the experience. We popped lots of balloons and broke a few bowls, but overall they turned out pretty well! We filled them with chocolate cake, vanilla whipped cream, and strawberries.

Dinner at North- favorites were the mushroom and arugula pizza, chicken parmesan, short ribs, pork tenderloin, and nutella and banana crepes with roasted banana gelato; and our waiter that said Happy Valentime's Day - more than once.

Sunday morning before church

Hiking the wind caves Monday morning



And to top it all off, Derek asked me to come trim the sides of his hair yesterday morning. He usually gives himself a buzz and I come in after to trim the sides and make sure it's even. I was busy talkin' away and without even looking I grabbed the clippers and started up the side of his head. He didn't have the guard on. Whoops. Luckily my mom came and saved the day and he didn't have to go completely bald. At least his hair grows fast!

10 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Oh my! Poor Derek! I am always scared that I'll do that to Mason. He must be too because he cuts his own hair now. haha I am SO SO SO sad that I missed the Valentine's festivities! The chocolate bowls look delicious!!!

muth said...

Great pictures!!!! Great times!!!!! And great memories!!!!! Especially Derek's haircut. :) He's such a good sport----

Maren said...

Mom- what the heck are you doing up at 4:53 am?

Lindsay Jones said...

looks so lovely all of it!! and the hair oh my! is it bad that I'm cracking up?

Kelli said...

Very fun pictures. And ba ha to Derek's hair...I think you shoulda bic-ed it - Mr. Clean!

The Barr Family said...

Maren you are the best mom in the whole world!!!!!!
We had a Valentine's breakfast too.
You and your family are a big example to me.
I have to try your chocolate bowls for Navie's blesing!!!!!

Amber said...

What a fun mom you are!!!
Ha, You should have posted an after picture of Derek's hair :-) That's what Thad's hair looks like when he cuts it himself :-)

chris+amber said...

bradshaw + valentine's day = perfection. love it! poor derek! better for a guy than a girl!

Heather said...

Alright stop. Collaborate & listen. Ha ha...

And by the way, Kelli & J.D. look like a sweet little couple in your dinner pic. I'm sure they'll love that. :)

Becky said...

What a fun tradition to do for your family, you are such a good mom.