Thursday, May 06, 2010

Update


It's been a crazy couple of weeks! Candice and I had our final girls' chorus "Silly Songs" concert- we have loved singing with these girls and will miss doing this!




Clara had her Kindergarten play, "Little Red Riding Hood"- she was a beautiful butterfly!





My sweet Grandpa Darwin passed away last week. We will miss him so much, but it was really good to have him in Mesa for a month and we had some wonderful visits. It's bittersweet because he's gone, but I know he had a joyous reunion on the other side with my Grandma Olive. His funeral will be on Saturday, and although not a fun occasion, it means we get to have Mason, Kelli, and J.D. in town for a few days!



And last, but not least, Candice had her baby on Saturday! Grant William Drew was around 9 lbs (the scale at the hospital was broken, so they'll never really know how much he weighed) and he couldn't be cuter. I can't get enough of this sweet boy.

5 comments:

chris+amber said...

I know I told you this when I came to your house last week...your house is so cute! :o) I'm sorry about your grandpa. CONGRATS to Candice & her family! Cute name for a cute baby! I'd like a blog invite for her blog, please! amberleigh(dot)hansen(at)gmail(dot)com.

Nelson6 said...

Maren, thanks for posting a picture of that cute baby boy. I've been checking Candice's blog hoping there would be some pictures. He is so cute!!! Love ya-

The Barr Family said...

Sorry about your gandpa.
Clara look so cute in her play.
Cute baby.

Katie said...

grant is a cute name. tell her congrats. oh yeah i brought that love sac today. it is at my moms. can your friend come get it here, or should i bring it to your house? call lindsey thanks

Heather said...

I know it's been quite the week. Oh sweet baby Grant. Of course I LOVE the name. Candice sent a cute pic to me the other day from the viewing of baby Grant with my daddy Grant. She's so darn cute.

And Clara was the performer this week. She did fabulous at the recital! Good job, Clara girl! :)